We are inviting you to apply for the Mentorship Program to expand your knowledge and skills needed for successful implementation of transnational cultural programs (digital tools, audience engagement, technical production, innovative management models, advanced international programing etc.).
The Mentorship Program is part of the project Regional Lab: New Culture Spaces and Networks as drivers of an Innovative and Sustainable Bottom-up Development of Regional Collaboration granted by Creative Europe: Sub-programme – Western Balkans Cooperation projects – 2020.
The project builds on the existing experiences and collaborations and further develops regional and European exchange, creating a dynamic scheme of artistic exchange between cultural centers, creating evidence based knowledge on new participatory models of operation, building capacities and skills of artists and cultural operators to act regionally and internationally and raising visibility of regional collaboration both on a local and European level.
The Mentorship Program focuses on a specific mentor-mentee relationship covering skills and expertise that many artists, cultural operators and program managers within our networks and platforms have acquired through years of practice. The program provides training on practical skills needed in the sector. It combines peer-to-peer logic of exchange of experiences and skills with expertise.
The project is conducted by the consortium consisting of several partners from six SEE countries lead by Kooperativa – Regionalna platforma za kulturu, and project partners Anibar from Kosovo, Društvo Asociacija from Slovenia, NKSS from Serbia, Jadro Association | Јадро Асоцијација | Jadro Asociacioni from North Macedonia, Operacija grad from Croatia, and OKC Abrašević from BiH.
Who can apply for the mentorship program – criteria
– The applicant is an NGO and has its formal seat in one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia.
– The applicant works in the field of independent culture, arts or in creative industries.
– The applicant’s yearly budget in the year 2020 did not exceed 40.000 EUR.
– The applicant does not have more than three employees at the time of applying.
– The applicant exists as a legal entity for more than two years.
The program comprises of:
– Introductory gathering and workshop
– Introductory online meeting with the assigned mentor
– One 3 to 4 day live meeting at the location of your organization (all expenses for the mentor are covered by the project)
– Interim meeting with mentors and mentees to check on the progress
– 5-10 online meetings with the mentor
– Final gathering and evaluation of the program
– The mentorship programs will start in October 2021 and will end latest in February 2022
All the expenses are covered by the project.
The selection of the mentorship pairs will be done by the selection committee of the consortium.
There will be 6 mentorship programs selected in this year’s call. Two other calls will be conducted in 2022 and 2023.
Who will be the mentor?
Each organization/participant will be paired with one mentor. This will be decided by the selection committee. The pool of mentors is available here.
Deadline for applying
The call is open from August 20 to September 20 2021.
How do we apply?
To apply please, fill in the form on this link.